Saturday, February 21, 2009

My very first

I've wondered for a while what the point of blogging is.

After reading a few really interesting and amusing ones (check out Trace's Oasis.. http://tracesoasis.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html always a good laugh!) I've decided to give it a try.

What could be so hard about it? I enjoy writing, and this is no different from writing a diary. But without naming names, because I'm not about to get in trouble for it.

So first things first: I will not be going by my real name. So creepy, stalker-wanna-be's buzz off.

And no, I am not a real Rajasthani princess. But one can dream right? And my anscestors were Rajasthani royalty (although that is a claim many can make). So you never know, you might as well curtsey to me, just to be safe.

for those of you who don't know, Rajasthan is a beautiful desert state in India. I have been there a few times when I was younger. And the lifestyle, culture, colours and landscapes there are amazing! I have always loved the jewellery and costumes from there. If you have never been there, consider checking out these movies: Jodha Akbar and Paheli.

Alright, in case you are wondering why those names don't make sense to you, here is the reason. They are Indian movies. You know, Bollywood... Singing, dancing, amazing costumes, rain and melodrama. You must have heard of it. Currently the movie Slumdog Millionaire has brought the world's attention to Bollywood. Its been sweeping awards left, right and centre, and people have high hopes for it on Oscar night. If you haven't seen that either, you have a ton of stuff to get caught up on!

Anyway, this one is short. But I guess short and sweet is better than long and winding right?

leave comments, tips... anything!!

Adios for now

~Rajasthani Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment